Cloud technologies are often needed in the case of large datasets or computationally intense applications. Cloud services are able to optimize resources between large numbers of users. Several projects are running to facilitate the execution of Galaxy on clouds.
- University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC, AUS
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
GalaxyCloudRunner is a dynamic job plugin for Galaxy that makes the process of bursting user jobs to remote cloud nodes easy. The four most popular cloud providers are supported (AWS, Azure, GCP, and OpenStack).
- Institute of Biomembranes, Bioenergetics and Molecular Biotechnologies -National Research Council (IBIOM-CNR), Bari, Italy
- National Institute for Nuclear Physics, Bari Section, Italy
- Dept. of Biosciences, University of Milan, Italy
- Dept. of Biosciences, Biotechnologies and Pharmacological Sciences, University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, Italy
LANIAKEA is a Galaxy-on-demand Provider Platform Through Cloud Technologies. It allows the automated creation of Galaxy-based virtualized environments exploiting the software catalogue provided by the H2020 INDIGO-DataCloud project. No need for the end user to know the underlying infrastructure. No need for maintenance of the hardware and software infrastructure. At the end of the process, the user gains access to a private, production-grade, fully customizable, Galaxy virtual instance.